- Nutrient Rich Single Ingredient - Made 100% from brown tigernuts ethically sourced directly from African farmers.
- Sweet & Nutty Taste - Our brown tigernuts have a slightly sweet, creamy, and nutty taste but do not contain any nuts or dairy.
- Free of Top 8 Allergens – Iya’s Tigernut Flour is paleo, kosher, non-GMO, and plant-based. It’s free of the top 8 allergens and also free from gluten, grain, dairy, nuts, preservatives, bleach, or additives.
- Ancient Paleo Food - Tigernuts are an ancient root tuber named for its subtle stripes. They have been enjoyed for centuries in both foods and drinks
- For Baking and Smoothies - Tigernut flour is delicious in oatmeal, smoothies, cookies, cupcakes, pancakes, granola bars or plant-based milk.
Tigernut flour has a slightly sweet, creamy, nutty taste—without containing dairy or nuts! We source our tigernut straight from local farming cooperatives in West Africa. Prepare your favorite recipes with tigernut for a deliciously sweet, creamy, treat.
- Grain-free, nut-free cookies & cupcakes
- Gluten-free pancakes & waffles
- Oatmeal – add to your oatmeal prior to cooking for a delicious creamy breakfast meal
- Smoothies – add to smoothies for a creamy, nutty, slightly sweet taste
- Tigernut milk – use to make a creamy dairy free plant-based milk
- Home-made granolas or snack bars
Uses: Tigernut flour is versatile and works best in high moisture recipes. Use in:
- What Is Tigernut Flour?
Tigernuts are naturally sweet root vegetables also called earth almonds. Tigernut flour is a gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free flour made from finely ground tigernuts.
- Where Does Tigernut Grow?
Tigernut is native to Africa. There are several types of tigernut; brown and yellow are the most popular for cooking and baking. This African superfood has been used to fuel paleo-centric and vegetarian lifestyles for centuries.
- How Is Iya Foods’ Tigernut Flour Made?
Our tigernut flour is made by finely grinding raw, dry tigernut tubers. We ethically source tigernuts from West African farmers, ensuring our final products contain the highest amounts of vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. There are no chemicals, preservatives, or additives in Iya’s Tigernut Flour.
- How Do You Bake With Tigernut Flour?
Due to its naturally sweet flavor profile, tigernut flour is usually reserved for baking sweet dishes and desserts like pudding, brownies, pancakes, cookies etc. Tigernut flour also provides a delicious nutty flavor when added to veggie, sweet potato, or black bean burgers. Try it in smoothies and beverages like horchata and tigernut milk.