- SINGLE INGREDIENT – Iya’s Tigernut Flour is made with 100% Brown Tigernuts, sourced directly from African Farmers. It is an all-natural, plant-based flour that is free from grain, gluten, bleach, preservatives, and additives. Although it does not contain nuts or dairy, tigernuts naturally have a slightly sweet, creamy, and nutty taste.
- FREE OF TOP 9 ALLERGENS – Each batch is tested and verified to ensure that our flour is free from milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, sesame, wheat, and soybeans. Transform any recipe with peace of mind as our flour is certified Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Kosher.
- USES – Tigernut Flour is incredibly versatile and tends to work best in recipes that are high in moisture. Try using it in oatmeal, smoothies, soft cookies, and granola bars. It can also be used to make a creamy, dairy-free, plant-based milk!
- NUTRIENT RICH – Our nut-free flour is packed with healthy plant protein, fiber, and potassium. Superfood Tigernuts are a great source of magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, and vitamin E, making it the perfect flour alternative for anyone’s diet.
- IYA FOODS – Iya believes in using nutrient-rich foods to create exciting and delicious flavors. Our mission focuses on wellness for everyone by providing access to quality, nutritious, foods that are free from harmful chemicals and over processing.
Tigernut Flour has a slightly sweet, creamy, nutty taste—without containing dairy or nuts! We source our Tigernuts straight from local farming cooperatives in West Africa. Prepare your favorite recipes with our Tigernut Flour for a deliciously sweet and creamy treat.
- Grain-free, nut-free cookies & cupcakes
- Gluten-Free pancakes & waffles
- Oatmeal – add to your oatmeal prior to cooking for a delicious, creamy breakfast meal
- Smoothies – add to smoothies for a creamy, nutty, slightly sweet taste
- Tigernut Milk – use to make a creamy, dairy-free, plant-based milk
- Home-made granolas or snack bars
Uses: Tigernut Flour is versatile and works best in high moisture recipes. Use in:
What are Tigernuts?
Tigernuts are a small, ancient root tuber named for its subtle stripes and are not actually nuts. This makes it an ideal choice for those with nut allergies who are still looking for a naturally nutty flavor. Tigernuts are said to have made up close to 80% of our Paleo ancestor’s diets. It is a celebrated superfood that is known to contain a great source of plant-based nutrients.
What ways can I use Tigernut Flour?
Iya’s Tigernut Flour is multi-purpose. It can be substituted for standard wheat flour in most recipes to provide a mildly sweet, nutty alternative. It can be used in recipes such as pancakes, oatmeal, cookies, brownies, smoothies, granola bars, etc. It can even be used to make a creamy, dairy-free, plant-based milk. Visit our website to see our gluten-free favorites!
How is Iya Foods’ Tigernut Flour Made?
The tigernut is native to Africa, and we ethically source our tigernuts from West African farmers. Iya’s tigernut flour is made by finely grinding raw, dry tigernut tubers, ensuring that our final products contain the highest amounts of vitamins, nutrients, and flavor without any chemicals, preservatives, or additives.
What can I learn about Iya Foods?
Iya Foods believes that good food comes from good ingredients. Our foods are delicious, nutritious, and created for ingredient-conscious consumers who are focused on overall well-being. As consumer demand for bold and exciting flavor grows, Iya continues to meet this demand through innovation and a focus on a food ecosystem that is sustainable, climate change resilient, and affordable.
Where can I find more information?
For more information about our mission and initiatives, visit iyafoods.com. Here, you will be able to shop our products, learn about our ingredients, discover new recipes, and contact us with questions.