Tigernut Flour 1LB, Grain Free, Real Ingredient
Iya Foods 100% Brown Tigernuts Flour
Iya Foods Tigernut flour is made from brown tigernuts sourced direct from African farmers. Tigernuts have a slightly sweet, creamy, nutty taste & aroma - this is the amazing gift of nature that is tigernuts - you can use it to make dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free treats that taste like they contain dairy and nuts but don’t.
About Iya Foods Tigernut Flour –
Only one ingredient – 100% Brown Tigernuts
A lot of people have never heard of tigernuts but a lot of cultures have been eating, drinking and cooking with tigernuts for centuries, they call it by different names such as Rush nut, Yellow Nutsedge, Chufa, Earth almond, Earth nut, Yellow Nut-Sedge, Aya. It is popular in both Africa and Spain.
Tigernut flour is growing in use especially among paleo friendly diets for baked foods and in smoothies and drinks.
Tigernut flour is great for
- Oatmeal – add to your oatmeal prior to cooking for a delicious creamy breakfast meal
- Smoothies – add to smoothies for a creamy, nutty, slightly sweet taste
- Tigernut milk – Use to make a creamy dairy free plant-based milk
- Home-made granolas or snack bars
- Sprinkle on yogurt or parfait
- Use in baking dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free cookies
- What is a Tigernut? Tigernut is not a nut but a small root vegetable. Its creamy, nutty, earthy flavor is great in breakfast porridge, baking, smoothies & lots more.
- Where is it from? A paleo ancient super food dating back century and originating from Africa; this delicious tuber comes from a plant called yellow Nutsedge. It is nutrient rich and was used as a common food source during the paleolithic era in Africa. Today, it remains a great source of nourishment in many parts of West Africa & Spain
- How many types of Tigernuts are there? There are several types but mostly two main types 1) Brown and 2) Yellow. We use the brown types for its delicious aroma and flavor
- Why is it called tigernuts? Nothing to do with tigers but is it said that tigernuts get their nickname from their faint stripes (tiger) and nutty taste (nuts).
- What can Tigernut be used for? Tigernuts are versatile but works best in recipes that are high moisture recipes such as oatmeal, smoothies, soft cookies.
- Is Tigernut good for me? It is a grain-free, gluten-free, keto, nut-free, dairy-free, paleo, plant-based flour used for centuries by many cultures to nourish themselves. Tigernut flour is pretty cool!
What is Tigernut Flour 1LB, Grain Free, Real Ingredient ?
- Made with 100% Brown Tigernuts - Our tigernut flour is made from one ingredient only i.e. brown tigernuts sourced direct from farmers
- Ancient Super Food – Tigernuts date back centuries; originating from Africa; this nutrient rich food is popular in Spain and West Africa
- Sweet, Nutty and Creamy – Tigernuts have a slightly sweet, creamy, nutty taste & aroma but do not contain any nuts or dairy
- Keto and Paleo Friendly – Make your favorite Keto and Paleo recipes with our authentic tigernut flour
- Great for Nut-Free, Dairy-Free Foods – Such as oatmeal, smoothies. tigernut milk, granolas, sprinkles on yogurt or parfait and for use in baking dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free snacks