Plantain Flour 1-55 lbs pack, Gluten free, Paleo, Kosher Certified
Plantain Flour - Gluten-Free
GRAIN-FREE, CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE, NON-GMO, KOSHER CERTIFIED, PALEO, NOTHING ARTIFICIAL, DELICIOUS
There are no added chemicals or ingredients in Iya Foods plantain flour, it is 100% pure. We source green plantains direct from farmers and make them into flour that retains all the nutrients, taste, and aroma of plantains.
Nature intended for us to nourish our bodies with real food. Plantain flour is a great addition to your food and home recipes, such as plantain flour pancakes!
- Waffles & pancakes
- And so much more
- What is Plantain Flour? Plantain flour is a staple food in many tropical regions of the world and used in similar ways as regular flour. Our plantain flour is made 100% from green i.e. unripe plantains. Plantains are a member of the banana family and very popular in West Africa, South America and the Caribbean.
- How is our plantain flour made? We only use green plantains sourced direct from farmers. We peel, dry, mill, test and package.
- Why should I use plantain flour?
- It’s a great plant-based flour alternative, also very delicious in recipes
- Certified kosher, gluten-free and non-gmo
- Grain-free, paleo, whole30, free from preservatives, gums, color, bleaching or additives
- Great for selective healthy diets or those with food allergies and sensitivities
- Rich source of fiber, vitamins A, C, and B-6, magnesium and potassium
- It also contains resistant starch and high in dietary fiber
- It does not have the same strong banana flavor as banana, which means you can use it many more recipes
- Is a banana same thing as a plantain flour? No. Bananas and plantains come from the same family of plants. Though they look alike, plantains sometimes called the ‘cooking banana’ don’t have a strong banana flavor like bananas. Plantains are larger, thicker and require some form of cooking in similar ways to other root vegetables such as potatoes and yams. They can be boiled, fried, made into chips, flour and so much more.
- Is plantain flour gluten-free and grain-free? Yes, plantain flour is free from gluten and grain, and nuts. It is vegan, paleo, whole3O friendly
- How do you bake with plantain flour? You can swap plantain flour in approx. ¾ :1 ratio when substituting wheat flour or all-purpose flour. For every 1 cup of flour called for, use ¾ cup plantain flour
- Do you have recipes? Yes we do, please see below
What is Plantain Flour 1-55 lbs pack, Gluten free, Paleo, Kosher Certified ?
- Made from 100% Green Plantains - Our plantain flour is made from one ingredient only i.e. green plantains sourced direct from farmers and made into flour before the plantains ripen
- High in Resistant Starch – Green plantains contain high amounts of resistant starch, are a rich source of dietary fiber, iron, vitamins A, C, and B-6, magnesium and potassium
- For Healthy Eating – Allergen-free, batch tested, plant-based flour great for healthy diets or those with food allergies and sensitivities. Plantain flour is easily digestible and a delicious flour for balanced eating
- Less Sugar than Bananas – Plantains contain less sugar than bananas, they contain the least amount of sugar when green and unripe, so plantains are used more like vegetables than fruit
- Great For Baking – Swaps ¾:1 cup of wheat flour in recipes. Green plantains do not have a strong banana taste due its higher resistant starch content. Great for cooking, baking, pastries, waffles, tortilla, chips, bread, pancakes & more
- Non-GMO Plantains sourced direct from farmers
- A greatalternative better-for-you flour
- Certified Gluten Free
- Delicious vegan paleo flour
- Free from grain
- Free from gluten
- Free from preservatives
- Free from additives
- No added color, nothing artificial ever!