Cassava Flour 1-50 lbs Pack, Gluten free, Paleo, Kosher Certified
Iya Foods 100% Authentic Cassava Flour
Our cassava flour is made from 100% cassava (yuca) root from same day harvests sourced direct from farmers in a state- of-the-art 100% cassava dedicated facility.
Cassava Flour - Gluten-Free, Paleo, Kosher Certified
GRAIN-FREE, CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE, NON-GMO & KOSHER, ALLERGEN-FREE, PALEO, WHOLE30
Only one ingredient – 100% Cassava (Yuca) Root.
Cassava flour is made from cassava root also known as yuca; it is grown mostly in Africa, South America, and Asia. Nigeria, West Africa is the world’s top grower of cassava. Cassava root is comparable to other root vegetables such as yams, potatoes, taro, etc.
Cassava flour has been a staple in many cultures for generations and is prepared in many delicious ways for baking, cereals, cooking, desserts, sweets and so much more.
A naturally vegan, paleo, gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free flour; Cassava flour is a great choice for alternative, selective healthy diets or those with food allergies and sensitivities. It is also a great source of energy, vitamins & minerals including vitamin C and manganese.
Cassava flour’s neutral taste and fine texture makes it an excellent baking substitute for you to enjoy all your favorite treats more holistically and naturally. Nature intended for us to nourish our bodies with real food, cassava flour is an exciting flour to use because it embodies all the amazing things a really good food flour should be.
Our cassava flour can be used for
- Pancakes & Waffles
- Pastries, breads & more
- …and so much more
- What is Cassava Flour?
Cassava flour is made from cassava root, also known as yuca or manioc root from the cassava plant. It is comparable to yams, potatoes, taro etc. Cassava is native to Africa, South America and parts of Asia. Cassava flour is very fine, soft and has a near neutral taste. Real cassava flour should smell and taste like cassava.
- How is Iya Foods cassava flour made?
Made from 100% cassava from same day harvests sourced direct from farmers. We utilize a state-of-the-art cassava dedicated facility only. We do not use any chemicals, we do not bleach, we do not alter the nature given goodness of cassava.
- Is Tapioca same thing as cassava flour?
No. Cassava flour and tapioca flour are different things even though a lot of people use these two terms interchangeably. Tapioca is a starch extracted from cassava root while cassava is the entire root with all its nutrients and dietary fiber still intact. Cassava flour is the real whole food.
- How do you bake with cassava flour?
You can swap cassava flour with any flour in approx. ¾ cup to 1 cup ratio (for fluffy recipes) or 1:1 (for thicker, more dense recipes). Depending on the recipe, we suggest you start with ¾ cup cassava flour to 1 cup if you are not sure about what works best for your recipe because it’s easier to add a little more flour i.e. ¼ cup more if needed.
- Is there cyanide in cassava flour?
Not in cassava flour but in raw cassava there is naturally occurring cyanide, mostly in the peel which is removed. This is also found in almonds, spinach, apples etc. Cassava flour is not raw cassava, it has gone through peeling, washing, soaking, milling, drying etc. to turn into flour. The peeling, heat and drying process removes any cyanide. We also lab test cassava flour in-house and again with a standardized, certified, independent food lab for your confidence. Cassava flour is safe which is why so many people love and have been eating it for generations.
What is Cassava Flour 1-50 lbs Pack, Gluten free, Paleo, Kosher Certified ?
- MADE WITH 100% PREMIUM CASSAVA (YUCA) - Our cassava flour is made from one ingredient only i.e. organic cassava (yuca) root from same day harvests sourced direct from farmers in a state-of-the-art 100% cassava dedicated facility
- AUTHENTIC & WHOLESOME - Iya Foods cassava flour is authentic cassava flour. It has a creamy white natural color, almost neutral aroma & taste. We do not bleach, ferment or add anything artificial.
- RICH IN NUTRIENTS - With Iya Foods cassava flour, you are getting all the benefits of pure farm grown cassava roots. Cassava flour is a great source of energy, vitamins & minerals including vitamin C and manganese
- FOR HEALTHY EATING – Allergen-free, batch tested naturally vegan flour; Cassava flour is a great choice for alternative, selective, healthy diets or those with food allergies and sensitivities.
- GREAT IN ANY RECIPE – Swaps 1: 1 or less. Our cassava flour, just like wheat flour can adapt to any recipe. It gives a fluffy result where needed for example in pancakes or can also give nice thick/ dense results for example brownies. Iya Foods cassava flour does not fall apart or crumble like other gluten-free flours because of its natural elasticity so it is the perfect whole food flour to use for your recipes. Great for cooking, baking, pastries, waffles, tortilla, chips, bread, pancakes & more
- Great taste & aroma like cassava so you know you are getting the authentic thing
- Swaps 1:1 or less in any flour recipe
- We do not ferment, bleach or add any preservatives or any chemicals to alter the aroma or taste
- You get the full nutritional benefits of cassava (yuca) root
- Amazing flour now used in new tasty foods & recipes
- Great for energy and for those looking to enjoy a nourishing real food flour