Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry
Posted on April 22 2019
Makes about 6 servings:
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash or potatoes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 large bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp curry paste (or curry seasoning)
- 3 Tbsp Iya Foods Spicy Coconut
- 1 tsp Iya Foods Garlic with Garlic Skin
- 1 tsp Iya Foods Ginger Ground
- ¾ tsp Iya Foods Turmeric Ground
- ¼ cup Iya Foods One-Pot Simmer Sauce Savory Chicken
- 1 Tbsp salt or to taste
- Cut chicken into bite sized cuts and season with salt, Iya Foods garlic and chili flakes then set aside.
- Cut up squash or potatoes and onion
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot (For stove top, follow directions below and adapt to stove top) 1.Add coconut oil 2.Then add chicken and squash then let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients (except cilantro) and switch from sauté to either a) Bean/Chili or b) Manual (cook 10 minutes). Seal vent and let cook. For stove top, let cook on medium for 20 mins.
- Once time is up, allow pressure to release on its own for up to 20 mins. Then open, stir & taste for salt. For Stove top, just let sit for a few mins.
- Serve with any rice and garnish with chopped cilantro
- (Please ensure Chicken is always fully cooked)