Baked Spicy Coconut Shrimp
Posted on April 22 2019
Makes about 6 servings:
- 1 pound peeled, deveined tail on large shrimp about 20 pieces
- ½ cup Iya Foods Cassava flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2oz Iya Foods Spicy Coconut seasoning
- 1 tsp Iya Foods Garlic with Garlic skin
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat parchment or pan with oil (avocado oil is great but can use any oil)
- Whisk the egg, coconut milk and cassava flour in a medium mixing bowl until a smooth batter is formed.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, spicy coconut seasoning and garlic
- Dip shrimp flour batter and then roll generously in spicy coconut and bread crumbs mixture.
- Bake the shrimp until cooked starting to brown about 12 – 15 mins
Serve the shrimp with dip. Tip – use yogurt dip for a guilt free healthier option.