Delicious Hibiscus Vanilla Frosting & Almond Flour Cake
Posted on August 03 2020
Prep time: 1 day
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: ~ 12 servings
- 3 boxes Simple Mills Vanilla Cupcake and Cake Mix
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 jars Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
- 8 tsp Iya Foods Dried Hibiscus Flower Powder
- Iya Foods Dried Hibiscus Flowers
- Strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- PREPARE Simple Mills Vanilla Cupcake and Cake Mix according to the box, making 3 layers of 8 inches each.
- BAKE at 325ºF for 30 minutes.
- LET COOL for 15 minutes and remove from pan. Let cool completely then place in the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- PREPARE frosting by adding Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting and Iya Foods Dried Hibiscus Flower Powder into a bowl. Mix until the powder is well incorporated. If you want a cake that is more vibrant, add more Dried Hibiscus Flower Powder.
- TRANSFER 1 cake layer onto serving plate. Top with frosting, then second cake layer, then more frosting and finally the last cake layer.
- COVER the cake in the remaining frosting.
- GARNISH with Iya Foods Dried Hibiscus Flowers and strawberries if desired.
- CHILL for 1 hour to set.
- SLICE into pieces and enjoy.